Monday, June 29, 2015

A Vintage Kitchen

In British homes, retro has become the new black. Well, it has been for awhile. There isn't anything more romantic than a dose of colourful nostalgia from the past. So when I saw Asda's red and blue cherry vintage-inspired kitchen range, I knew we would have to have one! But when I showed it to John, the wise man that he is knew straight away that it fell on the bracket of 'Children's Toys I Wish I Had' purchases and told me so. But when I said I won't mind getting it for my birthday he didn't protest.

So this pretty little thing arrived the day after my 31st birthday, on a flatpack begging to be quickly assembled. It took us an hour to build, which wasn't that bad and we avoided the usual flatpack frustrations by doing it after a good afternoon nap when our minds were ready to take in information. It was made of wood, so far more superior and environmentally friendly than Ikea's MDFs. It includes wooden pots and pans and utensils (we paid £5 more). Plus the gingham curtain were rather cute.

It proved to be a hit in the house, the little lad has his own kitchen to work on while we're getting dinner ready. No more need for the occassional Nanny McTelly!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...